Things to doConcord is the capital of New Hampshire and has become the state’s cultural capital as well. There is so much to do in and around this vibrant city.
The Hotel Concord is set in the middle of a bustling Main Street full of arts, culture, local shopping, great eateries and history just one hour north of Boston. Almost every store and dining spot along Main Street is locally-owned and operated, the variety is unique.
The League of NH Craftsmen offers art classes, workshops, events, exhibits, and fine crafts for sale at its two galleries just a block away. Concord is also home to master jewelers such as Capitol Craftsman Romance Jewelers that sell the work of talented artists. Kimball Jenkins School of Art is home to two exhibition spaces and hosts artwork exhibitions, as well as group and solo shows. The school also offers classes and workshops for adults, teens and children.
Concord is home to several performing arts center venues. Attend a concert, dance performance or show at the Capitol Center for the Arts, offering big productions a couple of blocks from The Hotel Concord. The Concord City Auditorium ("The Audi") also has a variety of productions, including concerts and plays. The Hatbox Theatre entertains intimate sized-audiences with improv, magic, poetry, original plays and more. The Bank of NH Stage, an extension of the Capitol Center of the Arts right across the street from The Hotel Concord, focuses on niche, indie and up-and-coming performing artists.
While in town, catch a movie at Concord’s very own art house cinema, Red River Theatres, in the same building as The Hotel Concord. In addition to featuring independent films and hosting various film festivals, Red River Theatres has costume parties and film-themed events and The Indie Café offers locally sourced wine, beer, sandwiches, and candy.
Concord is home to so many talented musicians and live music can be found all around the town. The nationally awarded Concord Community Music School hosts more than 200 public concerts each year including jazz, folk and classical performances, and its famed annual two-day Mandolin Festival draws audiences from all over.
Looking for something unique and vintage? Several fun shops are found in the downtown core. Lilise Designer Resale has affordable vintage and luxury consignment from Gap to Chanel - and just about everything in between. ReChic is a newest secondhand fashion addition to the downtown carrying women and children’s clothing, fine accessories and more.
In Concord, you can also experience New Hampshire politics firsthand. Every four years this city becomes an epicenter of American political activity as presidential candidates flock to the Granite State to win the hearts and minds of voters for the first presidential primary in the nation. You can't win the oval office without winning Concord and rubbing elbows with the people. During the winter months, it is common to run into national politicians at cafes and restaurants as they make stops on the road to the White House. Granite State Candy Shoppe and The Barley House are must visit locations.
The New Hampshire State House is clearly seen from The Hotel Concord and was built between 1816 and 1819 under the watchful eye of architect Stuart Park. The iconic Greek Revival building is made of local granite and is open to the public Monday through Friday for free tours, and on some weekends into the summer and fall. Next door, the New Hampshire Historical Society library has expositions and events.
What's Nearby/Things To Do:
- Hotel Near New Hampshire State House
- Hotel Near League of NH Craftsmen
- Hotel Near Capitol Center for the Arts
- Hotel Near Red River Theatres
- Hotel Near Concord Community Music School
- Hotel Near New Hampshire Motor Speedway
- Hotel Near St. Paul's School
- Hotel Near University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law
- Hotel Near Canterbury Shaker Village
- Hotel Near McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center
- Hotel Near Bear Brook State Park
- Hotel Near New Hampshire Historical Society
- Hotel Near Pat's Peak Ski Area
- Hotel Near Lake Sunapee
- Hotel Near NHTI
Upcoming Area Events:
- Hotel Near Black Ice Pond Hockey Tournament, Concord, New Hampshire, January 23-26, 2020
- Hotel Near Winter Fest, Concord, New Hampshire, January 24-25, 2020
- Hotel Near Winter Fling, Concord, New Hampshire, January 25, 2020
- Hotel Near NH Democratic Presidential Primary Debate, Concord, New Hampshire, February 7, 2020
- Hotel Near "Redcoats and Rebels: Gaming the American Revolution" at New Hampshire Historical Society, Concord, New Hampshire, February 15, 2020